I feel like this has been an incredibly fulfilling, stress filled, but overall happy year. I’m glad we are wrapping up on positive notes, because it makes the new year so full of excitement and happiness. When 2009 started I truly believed things would go smoothly, but as usual, fate had a different plan. It all worked out well, though. We are all pretty much settled in, and our life in Texas is full of friendship and fun. There just aren’t enough words to say how happy I am to stay home with H and watch him develop as a little person. He is so fun to be around, especially now that his language skills are taking off in leaps and bounds. Just for kicks, here are some quick statistics:
1 cross country move
1 new job for Steve
57 completed knitting projects (wow! And yes there are only 52 pictures in this set, as some are ‘secret’ and others never got pictures taken.)
first project: Thorpe last project: striped socks
4 patterns designed by me
many new words for H
18 new trains
many new recipes tried, only two or three real disasters
I’m looking forward to focusing on simplifying my life, spending time with H and Steve, and who knows what else. Here are a few ambitions (not resolutions- those are too…. resolute.):
* Make at least two sweaters for me.
* Stop buying one or two balls of yarn at a time. 1500 yards minimum, unless I have a specific project in mind. Sock yarn is exempt, of course.
* Finish all the single socks.
* Re-sew the curtains for H’s room so they all match.
(hmm, these are all crafty….)
* Figure out a system to rate/remember/review recipes.
* Plant a small container garden.
* Get my hair cut in a salon.
Here’s wishing everyone that reads this a safe and happy New Year’s Eve, and peace in the new year.